Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A trip to Bagan

Hi, it's me, Genki.
I went to Bagan by bus from December 26th to 28th. Bagan is famous for its countless pagodas and temples which are scattered around the area.
I left Yangon at 7 pm on 25th and arrived in Bagan at 4 am on 26th. As the room of the hotel was not available, I went to Shwesandaw Pagoda, which is famous for the sunrise and sunset. Even though it was early in the morning, there were many people waiting for the sunrise. I could take many beautiful pictures here. Some balloons started to come to the sky at dawn.





This is the pictures of the other side of the sun. We can see the moon in the sky.



I also saw the sunset from the same place.





In Bagan, I rent a E-bike to move, which is a kind of motorbike. I didn't need any license because it is categorized as a bicycle here even though I can get up to 30 km/hour. This is the bike I used during the trip.


Basically I was just hanging around in Bagan and saw many pagodas. There are so many photos I took that I can't show all here, but some of these are as follows. As you can see, there are many kinds of pagodas and temples here. I could feel a long history.










Some pagodas were lit up at night.




I met some kind people there and took pictures. One of them gave me Tanaka which is a traditional Myanmar cosmetics for free. 



Sometimes a monk showed me around one of the pagodas. The view from the top of the pagoda was amazing.




And sometimes there was a cow... it is a cow, isn't it? He might have been thinking like "Don't look at me."


At first I was worried about the bus condition but it was more comfortable than I have expected. And the hotel was also nice despite a cheap price.

Well anyway I fully enjoyed the trip to Bagan. I'm planning to go to Inle-lake next week. See you next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment